The day before Christmas is a busy day for us. My sister loves to go shopping for whatever she thinks is needed for Christmas. I give in because I am rarely available for her craziness.
She wanted to order some special cake and she is never satisfied with order through phone. So, we went all the way to the town to take a look at what different bakeries can offer and finally we decided upon a new bakery/restaurant. Apparently, it was opened only two months ago. These are times when I feel like a total outsider and my sister has more information about our town than me. She had visited the bakery with her friends and graded it as par with Thomson, the old bakery. We ordered a cake, after much brainstorming and was told to come back in the evening to pick it up.
Back at home, we got involved in a massive cleaning project. This was the first day in the whole week in which I was not glued to the news channels. I wanted to go and get a pre-Christmas haircut. I didn’t get time. So, my sister decided to play with my hair and make it look like ‘That guy I saw in the TV’. Initially, I did not understand who she was talking about.
She kept uttering things like
‘Sit tight! It’s getting there!’
‘Shhh! Now… Now…
I kept asking her for description. She is not much into films and she never watches Hollywood films unless she catches some parts of a movie while skipping through channels. After a long Q & A session, I figured that she was talking about Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. By the time I figured that out she had made a mess out of my hair and I had to take bath to make my hair back into the normal way.
I just thank God for not making her like Patrick Stewart’s hair style. My Christmas would have been a memorable one if she had thought like that… What a mess would that have been!!
Happy Christmas to all.
- My favourite Christmas quotes (imconfident.wordpress.com)
- Bakery Story: Christmas – TeamLava (itunes.apple.com)
- Fromyouflowers.com – Late if ever (usaconsumercomplaints.com)
- For Your Consideration (lunaticoutpost.com)
- In joyless season, Newtown faces Christmas (azfamily.com)
- Hugh Jackman: Wolverine in ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’? (justjared.com)
- Of stables, hearts and other bloody messes… (melissafeddersen.com)
- Good ol’ Christmas (thehindu.com)